Public Liability Claims
If an incident occurs that you believe may lead to legal action or non-legal action by a third party, please contact us immediately on 1300 130 373 (preferably within 48 hours of the occurrence).
An incident may include (but is not limited to) any of the following examples:
- An individual or group asking your centre for payment of property damage caused during an activity.
- Legal action against the centre for negligence (breached duty of care).
- Legal action against a director of the centre for libel, slander or other misleading statements.
- An employee claiming harassment, discrimination or unfair dismissal.
- An employee or volunteer stealing from centre funds.
- Legal action against a coach or umpire for negligent acts, errors or omissions.
In these cases, it is important that you or other members of your centre do not admit any liability or discuss the matter with a third party.
Our claims staff will advise you on the correct course of action.